Success Stories - National Nonprofits
- Nonprofits large and small are using eBay Giving Works to boost their profile while raising funds with eBay Giving Works. Here are some of their stories:
- American Red Cross
[National Nonprofit, Community Selling, Corporate Event]
- In late summer 2004, a series of hurricanes devastated Florida. The American Red Cross moved in to assist with the recovery, and donors stepped up with donations. To do their part, MTV and Good Morning America organized eBay auctions that raised $60,000 in a month. Read about American Red Cross's success story.
- Arena Stage
[Local Nonprofit, Annual Event]
- For two years, Arena Stage, Washington, D.C.’s largest not-for-profit producing theater, traditionally held an offline auction in conjunction with its annual benefit. In 2005, Arena Stage decided to shake things up a bit and put their auction items on eBay in a separate, unique event. Find out how well the Arena Stage is doing with eBay Giving Works.
- Communities in Schools
- Over three years, Communities In Schools has raised $772,000 from the Lunch With A Leader online auction. The event gives high-profile supporters a fun way to get involved, attracts national media attention, and gives local programs a platform to build lasting relationships. More about Community in Schools' success story.
- Hazel Wolf High School
- In 2004, after four years of holding live auctions, Hazel Wolf High School (HWHS) decided to move its annual auction online. The Seattle-based private school sold 200 items and made nearly $10,000 during their ten-day auction on eBay in April 2004. Read Hazel Wolf High School's success story.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- When the National Multiple Sclerosis Society began using eBay Giving Works, they made it part of their overall fundraising strategy. Read how the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is using eBay Giving Works.
- Pug Rescue of North Carolina
[National Nonprofit, Community Selling, Direct Selling]
- The Pug Rescue of North Carolina is using eBay Giving Works to tap into a new source of unrestricted funding that supports their work of placing unwanted and injured pugs into forever homes. Currently, their eBay sales make up a quarter of their overall fundraising. Read Pug Rescue of North Carolina's success story.
- Quilts for Kids
[National Nonprofit, Direct Selling]
- In 2000, Linda Arye, an interior designer, went into a fabric store and saw a heap of bags filled with discontinued fabric that was destined for the landfill. Thinking the fabric could somehow be put to good use, she asked the store owner if she could take the bags home with her. More about Quilt for Kids' success.
- Samaritan's Purse
- In 2005, an eBay Seller asked Samaritan’s Purse to register with MissionFish so he could donate proceeds from his sales to them with eBay Giving Works. Several years later, Samaritan’s Purse has attracted a host of dedicated sellers to their cause. See how well Samaritan's Purse is doing with eBay Giving Works.
- Save a Child's Heart
[Direct Selling, Local Nonprofit]
- Save a Child’s Heart exists to improve the quality of pediatric cardiac care for children from developing countries. The organization was founded by Dr. Amram Cohen who, after serving 20 years with the U.S. Army as a heart surgeon, decided to devote his life to saving children. In 1995, he began Save a Child’s Heart, and by early 2010, the organization had saved the lives of more than 2,400 children around the world. Read Save a Child's Heart's story of growth and success.
- United States Fund for UNICEF
[Community Selling, Direct Selling]
- The United States Fund for UNICEF has experienced exciting success by encouraging donors to use eBay Giving Works as a way to give back to the organization without opening a checkbook. Read more about UNICEF's success.