- August 1, 2007
- Houseboat Trip to Benefit Kane County Students
- ARAMARK, an official concessionaire of the US National Park Service at Glen Canyon National Recreation Area (Lake Powell), has generously donated a seven day Lake Powell houseboat trip to the Kane Schools Foundation for Students. The deluxe, upgraded, 59 foot Discovery XL houseboat features central heating and air conditioning, sleeping space and bedding for 12 including 2 private staterooms, an upgraded upper deck with flying bridge controls, 2 bathrooms, full media equipment, complete kitchen appliances, outdoor gas grills, deluxe patio furniture, lighted shade canopy for upper deck, swim slide, and much more. For a floor plan and further details on this luxury houseboat, go to www.lakepowell.com . The retail value of this one week trip is $7095.00.
- The trip will be auctioned off on eBay August 16th to the 26th, with the entire proceeds going to the southern Utah education nonprofit Kane Schools Foundation, through eBay’s charitable arm, eBay for Charity. The bidding will begin at $3,700, slightly over half of the value of the trip. A gift certificate for the trip will be issued to the winning bidder, who will be responsible for making trip reservations, at least 7 days in advance, through ARAMARK. The trip is required to be taken between September 15, 2007 and May 15, 2008, based on availability. Winning bidders should have several travel dates selected when making reservations. A damage deposit, as well as fuel and food costs, is the responsibility of the winning bidder.
- The Kane Schools Foundation for Students has an “About Me” page on eBay, accessible through the Community section of EBay, by typing the user ID “kanesf4kids” into the “Find a Member” tab. Foundation information can also be found on for Charity, eBay’s dedicated program for charity listings where items are sold to support nonprofit organizations, and on our website at www.kanesf4students.org .
- Enjoy sparkling and spectacular Lake Powell in the fall, winter, or spring, with fewer crowds and milder temperatures. A houseboat trip on beautiful Lake Powell is a trip of a lifetime, perfect for family reunions to business retreats. If you have ever wished for such an adventure, take advantage of this fantastic opportunity and benefit the students of Kane County.