- June 25, 2007
- Celebs Use Their Voice to Make A Difference with The Creative Coalition
Presents For Purpose teams with celebrities to use their VOICE in an online auction benefiting The Creative Coalition
- New York (June 25, 2007) – Presents for Purpose is helping The Creative Coalition(www.thecreativecoalition.org ) give a VOICE to pressing cultural and social advocacy topics. Beginning July 5th, Presents for Purpose will hold an online auction as part of its charity focused Spotlight program. One hundred percent of the proceeds from sale of one-of-a-kind celebrity inscribed VOICE shirts (with messages such as “Your VOICE is all you have. Be LOUD. Be PROUD.”) will benefit The Creative Coalition, the nonprofit, 501(C)3 nonpartisan advocacy organization of the entertainment industry. To view the auction, please visit www.presentsforpurpose.com .
- Participating celebrities include Vince Vaughn, Paris Hilton, Jason Alexander, Heather Graham, Pete Sampras, Mekhi Phifer, Marcia Gay Harden, Morgan Fairchild, Lawrence Fishburne, Marlon Wayans, Ron Livingston, Laura Prepon, Ricardo Chavira, Camryn Manheim, Tom Everett Scott, Maura Tierney, Tony Goldwyn, Ernie Z. Hudson, Joe Pantoliano, Harvey Keitel, Rachel Shelley, Alan Cumming, Jeffrey Ross, Rossi Morreale, Dule Hill, Giancarlo Esposito and Jennifer Tilly.
- Unsigned pieces from the VOICE collection, which is exclusively designed by Chrissy and Nicole Azzaro of My-Tee/Hope & Glorie (www.hopeandglorie.com ) for Presents for Purpose, will be available for sale at www.presentsforpurpose.com with a portion of the proceeds from each shirt going to The Creative Coalition. The VOICE collection features super soft tees, tanks and polos with sparkling lips and the word VOICE emblazoned across the body.
- “The Creative Coalition educates, activates and mobilizes leaders in the arts and entertainment industry to use their voices and unique platforms to promote issues affecting the common good. Specifically, The Creative Coalition’s priority issue areas include First Amendment rights, arts advocacy, public education, and other issues topping the national agenda,” said Robin Bronk, Executive Director of The Creative Coalition. “We are thrilled to partner with Presents for Purpose for this initiative.”
- “The Spotlight program is exciting and important to our mission to help raise national awareness and needed funding for non-profit organizations,” says Presents for Purpose Founder Alayna Kassan. “The Creative Coalition is a passionate group uniquely positioned to give voice to important issues facing today’s society”
About The Creative Coalition
- The Creative Coalition is the nonpartisan social and public advocacy organization of the entertainment industry formed for the charitable and educational purposes of bringing together artists and entertainers to learn about pressing issues so they can better inform and influence the community and nation. Founded in 1989 by prominent figures in the creative community, The Creative Coalition works to educate and mobilize leaders in the arts community on issues of public importance. Their members are actors, actresses, writers, producers, directors, and others involved in America’s creative arts. For further information, call 212-614-2143 or go to www.thecreativecoalition.org .
About Presents for Purpose
- Presents for Purpose, founded in 2001, is a unique company dedicated to raising national awareness and needed funding for charitable organizations that help people live healthier and safer lives. The company’s mission is to offer stylish items that afford everyone the opportunity to make a difference. It’s simple. Choose your gift; choose your charity and Presents For Purpose will contribute a significant portion of the proceeds from your purchase. Presents For Purpose has supported many wonderful charities including The Creative Coalition, The Creative Coalition, American Red Cross, Juvenile Diabetes, Memorial Sloan Kettering, First Book, Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization, American Heart Association, FirstCandle/SIDS Alliance, Grassroots Soccer, Joan’s Legacy, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Lymphoma Research Foundation, Strang Cancer Prevention Center and tay-bandz. For further information, call 212-580-0515 or go to www.presentsforpurpose.com . Shop in style. Make a difference.
Presents For Purpose
The Creative Coalition