Donation refund policy
Community Selling refunds
- We hope that every Community Seller transaction is successful. But we know that sometimes eBay sales don't work out between the buyer and the seller. To protect the Community Sellers when this happens, we may refund a donation that resulted from a sale (if we’ve already received the money) or forgive it (if we haven’t).
- A donation refund is possible if:
- The seller has an unpaid item transaction on eBay (also known as a “non-paying bidder”).
- The seller and buyer mutually agreed to terminate the transaction
- To receive a donation refund, the seller must file an Unpaid Item claim with eBay and ask for a donation refund within 45 days of the end of their listing on eBay (eBay Transaction Date). We will not approve donation refunds requested after 45 days, and Community Sellers who do not click the donation refund check box when they file an Unpaid Item claim will not be eligible for a donation refund.
- Once we verify that a final value fee credit was granted by eBay, we will approve the donation refund and either return the money (if we have been paid) or forgive the amount due (if we have not).
Donate Now refunds
- Refunds are not available for gifts made through Donate Now. However, our Community Care team can help research and resolve problems that arise with Donate Now transactions.