- PayPal Giving Fund is overseen by an experienced Board of Directors which, on behalf of our donors and beneficiaries, is charged with governing our operations, monitoring our effectiveness, and establishing overall strategy. Among other responsibilities, the board meets regularly to oversee the organization's policies and practices which promote integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Sean Milliken (Chair)
- Sean Milliken founded MissionFish and served as its Executive Director until May, 2011. Under his leadership, the award-winning program has raised over $250 million for over 23,000 nonprofits in the US and UK since its launch in November, 2003. Today he helps eBay, Inc. properties empower their products and users to make a difference for nonprofits worldwide, as the company's Head of Nonprofit Strategy. Sean started MissionFish after working as Associate Vice President of Marketing & Development for Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta. He developed a passion for using entrepreneurial initiatives for social good while helping teens start successful businesses. He led a collaboration with the University of Southern California Entrepreneur Program that created the Center for Entrepreneurship at Manual Arts High School, a business incubator and micro-loan program for young people in South Central Los Angeles. Sean began his career at Communities In Schools, the nation's leading community-based organization devoted to helping young people succeed in school and prepare for life and has traveled the Southeast United States building houses for Habitat for Humanity. He frequently speaks at technology and nonprofit conferences about the importance of building nonprofit capacity, the power of the Internet in creating new forms of philanthropy, and the role of unrestricted funding in organizational effectiveness. Sean is a co-author featured in the book, Innovation and Technology Strategies and he serves on the Board of Trustees for MissionFish-UK. He received his BS in Communications from Virginia Tech.
- Bill Barmeier is Head of Investments for Omidyar Network, a philanthropic investment firm that invests in and helps scale innovative organizations to catalyze economic, social, and political change. Through its investments, Omidyar Network strives to enable people to discover their power to make a difference, improve their own lives, and make lasting contributions to their communities. Bill has diverse professional experience spanning management, investment, and legal positions. Prior to joining Omidyar Network, Bill served in several senior-level positions at eBay Inc. Most recently, he managed eBay's corporate social responsibility initiatives, a role in which he guided the strategy and expansion of the company's social ventures, philanthropic programs, and environmental activities. Previously, Bill led eBay's corporate development group, which was responsible for sourcing, evaluating, and executing the company's acquisitions, investments, and other strategic transactions worldwide. Prior to eBay, Bill was a partner at iGlobe Partners, an international venture capital firm, and held several senior management roles including senior vice president of operations at publicly-held payments company Verifone and chief administrative officer at a wireless data start-up. Bill began his career as a corporate lawyer at a large San Francisco-based law firm, where he became a partner and gained broad experience representing domestic and international companies. Bill earned an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business and a JD from Stanford Law School. He received his bachelor's degree Summa Cum Laude from Dartmouth College.
- Patrick Dupuis is responsible for PayPal’s global financial operations as PayPal's SVP and Chief Financial Officer. He is passionate about supporting the community through focused, meaningful and impactful initiatives. Currently he is a board member (and audit chair) of the PayPal Giving Fund (dba MissionFish), and executive sponsor for MicroPlace. Before joining PayPal, Dupuis was the global chief financial officer for Sitel, a major international call center outsourcing provider, where he oversaw the finance, tax and treasury functions, investor relations and real estate. Previously, he was vice president and CFO of BJC Healthcare, one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States. Dupuis also spent 20 years in a variety of senior leadership positions at GE including vice president and CFO for GE Healthcare, a $10 billion division; and vice president and general manager of GE Capital International Services, which became Genpact, an offshoring business process outsourcing company. He is a graduate of Ecole de Management de Lyon, France.
- Dan Ewing is an Associate Principal in McKinsey & Company ("McKinsey") and a member of its North American Payments Practice and Financial Services Practice. Dan joined McKinsey in 2004, and in addition to San Francisco, he has also worked in McKinsey's Shanghai, Taipei and Singapore offices. In this professional role, Dan has focused on serving financial services clients on growth strategy, merger integration planning and cost reduction. He has served retail banks, payments networks, eCommerce, and private equity clients. He has published articles on payments, including global remittances, emerging payment scenarios, and China's credit card market. Prior to joining McKinsey, Dan worked at A.T. Kearney's Global Business Policy Council and Chindex International, a health service company based in Beijing, and Bear Stearns. He earned an MBA from The Wharton School and an MA in International Studies (Economics and Chinese Studies) from Johns Hopkins SAIS.
- With more than 30 years of experience in banking and technology, John McCabe, PayPal's senior vice president of worldwide operations, has been at the forefront of sweeping changes that have impacted how these industries operate. He was at Chemical Bank in 1982 when it introduced Pronto, a pioneering online banking service that ran on the Atari gaming system that was one of the earliest efforts to offer home banking on a personal device.
- Since then, he has worked in senior executive positions running retail banking, operations, financial services, call centers, and strategic planning at ICT Group, Global Telecommunication Solutions Inc., National Westminster Bancorp, and other companies. Before joining PayPal in 2009, John was the executive vice president at Wachovia Direct Access, which served more than 15 million customers through 15 contact centers located around the world.
- Looking for an opportunity to be part of a company with a real opportunity to change the world, and frustrated by the conservative nature of traditional banking, John joined PayPal in 2009. As head PayPal's risk operations, customer support, and compliance operations, John is focused on translating his three decades' worth of experience driving better convenience and security for consumer to help reinvent the global payment system.
- As Chief Marketing Officer of eBay North America, Richelle Parham leverages her background in consumer and digital marketing to develop strategies and execute all marketing activities to reach 100+ million active eBay users. Ms. Parham is responsible for all areas of eBay North American marketing activities, including consumer product marketing, loyalty and relationship marketing, digital marketing, global citizenship, search optimization and search marketing, seller marketing, market research and eBay's global partner network. She has been with eBay since November of 2010.
- Prior to joining eBay, Ms. Parham served as head of Global Marketing Innovation and Initiatives and Global Marketing Services at Visa Inc. Her experience also includes 13 years at Digitas, Inc., a world leading marketing agency, where she held a variety of senior leadership roles, including Senior Vice President and General Manager of the agency's Chicago office.
- Ms. Parham has received many awards and honors, including the 2013 Direct Marketing News Marketing Hall of Femme; 2012 Women of Influence award by the Silicon Valley/San Jose Business Journal; and induction into the World Association for Cooperative Education Co-op Hall of Fame in 2012. She was named a Top 12 Innovator of Marketing and Advertising by Black Enterprise magazine in 2013, and was one of Savoy magazine's Top Women for 2012. She was also honored by the Council of Urban Professionals Women's Leadership Forum. Since 2012, Ms. Parham has served on the board of directors for Scripps Network Interactive Inc.
- Ms. Parham is a member of the board of directors of the CMO Collective and its governing body. She is a strong advocate of empowering female leaders through STEM programs such as Dare2BDigital, GirlStart, and Girls Who Code.
- Ms. Parham holds a double Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Design Arts from Drexel University.
- Steve Yankovich, vice president of innovation and new ventures at eBay Inc., leads a newly formed team focused on future-looking technologies and experiences that will drive innovative new approaches to connecting retailers, merchants and sellers with consumers around the world. Steve is focused on creating the future – opportunities beyond core products from a business and technology perspective.
- From 2009 to 2012, Steve served as vice president of eBay mobile, responsible for eBay's mobile business and product development worldwide on device platforms such as the iPhone, iPad, RIM, Android, Windows Phone, tablet and mobile web. Under Steve's leadership, eBay mobile doubled its mobile commerce volume every year from 2008 through 2012, with $13 billion in mobile commerce volume in 2012 alone. eBay mobile is expected to generate $20 billion in 2013. Steve spearheaded the eBay Inc acquisitions of RedLaser and Critical Path Software.
- Over a 28-year career Steve went from CPU designer to software architect and start-up entrepreneur to Fortune 200 company executive. Currently he holds board positions at Appcelerator, a leading mobile platform for developers, and is also an advisor at Relay Ventures, a mobile-focused fund with more than 84 investments. His patent portfolio consists of 29 leading technologies, four of which have been formally issued.
- Steve is recognized as a global leader in the mobile commerce space, often interviewed on behalf on eBay mobile with top-tier media including CNN, CNBC, FOX Business, ABC's Good Morning America, Bloomberg properties, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, TechCrunch, Fast Company and more.
- Before eBay, Steve was Adobe's Entrepreneur in Residence where he created an Adobe seed project targeted at knowledge and information workers. Before Adobe, he was the founder/CEO/CTO of Movaris Inc., an Enterprise BPM software company that was acquired by Adobe. When Steve isn't busy tinkering with technology, he enjoys building and driving fast cars.