Success Stories - Community Selling
- Nonprofits large and small are using eBay for Charity to boost their profile while raising funds with eBay for Charity. Here are some of their stories:
- American Red Cross
[National Nonprofit, Community Selling, Corporate Event]
- In late summer 2004, a series of hurricanes devastated Florida. The American Red Cross moved in to assist with the recovery, and donors stepped up with donations. To do their part, MTV and Good Morning America organized eBay auctions that raised $60,000 in a month. Read American Red Cross's success story.
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- When the National Multiple Sclerosis Society began using eBay for Charity, they made it part of their overall fundraising strategy. Read how the National Multiple Sclerosis Society is using eBay for Charity.
- Pug Rescue of North Carolina
[National Nonprofit, Community Selling, Direct Selling]
- The Pug Rescue of North Carolina is using eBay for Charity to tap into a new source of unrestricted funding that supports their work of placing unwanted and injured pugs into forever homes. Currently, their eBay sales make up a quarter of their overall fundraising. Read Pug Rescue of North Carolina's success story.
- Samaritan's Purse
- In 2005, an eBay Seller asked Samaritan’s Purse to register with MissionFish so he could donate proceeds from his sales to them with eBay for Charity. Several years later, Samaritan’s Purse has attracted a host of dedicated sellers to their cause. See how well Samaritan's Purse is doing with eBay for Charity.
- Save a Child's Heart
[Direct Selling, Local Nonprofit]
- Save a Child’s Heart exists to improve the quality of pediatric cardiac care for children from developing countries. The organization was founded by Dr. Amram Cohen who, after serving 20 years with the U.S. Army as a heart surgeon, decided to devote his life to saving children. In 1995, he began Save a Child’s Heart, and by early 2010, the organization had saved the lives of more than 2,400 children around the world. Read Save a Child's Heart's story of growth and success.
- United States Fund for UNICEF
[Community Selling, Direct Selling]
- The United States Fund for UNICEF has experienced exciting success by encouraging donors to use eBay for Charity as a way to give back to the organization without opening a checkbook. Read more about UNICEF's success.